205Built: 1894Hand Crane & Match Truck

 

Hand Crane No. 205 - May 15th 2005

Number 205 is a GWR 12 ton travelling hand crane, built at Swindon Works to Order No. H2827 of 22/11/1892 entering service in circa. 1894.

The Match Truck, is not thought to be the original and it has been suggested that it was built in 1930 to order H1665.

The Hand Crane and accompanying Match Truck were spotted by Society members in the late 60’s at Hackney Yard, Newton Abbot and were subsequently acquired by the Society and moved to Didcot.

Match Truck No. 205

The vehicles have recently had a cosmetic restoration courtesy of the Bristol Group of the Society.

Click on any of the pictures on this page for a larger version.

More information: GWS Bristol Group Web Site >>

 

The Great Western Society is not responsible for the content of external web sites

 

Page last updated:10-Dec-2015