84997-500Built: 1909Pollens

Diagram A.6, Lot 608

Sorry, No Enlargement Available

This is a complete set of four wagons, originally designed for carrying naval gun barrels. They are on loan from the National Railway Museum.

These four wagons were originally built permanently coupled together. They were altered in 1930 to two pairs of permanently coupled wagons,

84997 and 85000 were given the diagram A10 and have subsequently been restored in GWR livery.

84998 and 84999 wre given buffers and drawgear to their outer ends and were given the diagram A.10. The NRM have finished these in BR “GIRDWAG” livery.

84997-500 - 30th September 2001

Click on any of the pictures on this page for a larger version.

Page last updated:07-Jan-2009