Broad Gauge Replica Loco, completed at Didcot by The Fire Fly Trust in 2005.
The original was one of the first batch of a class of 61 locomotives designed by Daniel Gooch for passenger services on the Great Western Railway. It was built by Jones, Turner and Evans of Newton-le-Willows; introduced into service in 1840 and withdrawn in 1870.
Click on any of the pictures on this page for a larger version.
|Wheel Arrangement||2 - 2 - 2|
|Driving wheel diameter||7ft|
|Barrel maximum dia.|
|Area of firegrate|
|Heating surfaces, firebox|
|Heating surfaces, tubes|