9520Built: 1903Dean Composite Diner

Diagram H.7, Lot No.1011

9520 -

The first GWR design to feature a centrally placed kitchen, sold off by the GWR in the 1930s and ended its days as a cobbler's shop in Newbury. Heavily stripped internally, little remains apart from some wall panelling in the First Class end. There are no plans to restore this vehicle at present.

The underframe is not original but belonged to 3655 Churchward third, built 1921.

 

Page last updated:31-Dec-2007